My 6 month old has a fever and has been throwing up (got shots yesterday).

My poor baby girl has a fever I've been keeping down with tylenol and she started throwing up around lunch time. Her babysitter said she threw up 4 times and she was only over there for about 2 hours! I gave her a bit of pedialyte. What else should I do? Is this a normal reaction to 6 month old shots?!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the dr. or nurse line.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Call the doctor,not normal.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You need to watch how high that fever gets with shots. My son ended up with a fever of 104.5 and that is dangerous. I encountered a time when the medicine didn't seem to be doing the job. The hospital told me to either sit him a freezing cold bath or pack him in ice. I had trouble with the thought of packing my kid in ice to bring down his temperature. Those shots were a constant reminder of the things you don't want to experience in giving them those so called "routine" childhood vaccines.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I called. They told me to keep her hydrated and if she seems to be getting dehydrated or her fever gets to 105 to take her to the ER. =( I feel so bad for her.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Comment by Krystal.Ingalls (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• im pretty sure the fever thing is normal but for the throwing up im not sure my son didnt throw up with his first shots.remember flu season is here call dr.
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• a fever is not normal,neither is the throwing up ....I would take her back to the doctor!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 6:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Please make sure that this is reported to the CDC as a vaccine injury

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010