Has anyone eaten what they werent suppose to and their babies were okay after?

Made Homemade breaded chicken breast without knowing that its non safe about two or three pieces and then ate a lil bit of homemade brownies and forgot how unsafe it is ;/ now im worried?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why are chicken and brownies unsafe?Well I ate pretty much everything I could get my hands on during pregnancy. Other than giving myself another ass my son is perfectly fine
    chillybreeze

Answer by chillybreeze at 3:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• they are unsafe because they were homemade from raw eggs i read you weren't suppose to eat anything that is homemade with raw eggs
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yeah that is okay to eat btw. I'd be worried if they were made with marijuana however.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• why are brownies & chicken unsafe? you must be mistaken.
    i dont think i really think i ate anything except maybe once when i tasted cake batter. but i went out and drank the night before i found out i was pregnant, drank ALOT, and hes fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• As long as you cooked the items first, then there's no "raw eggs" in them because you cooked the egg. Just don't eat brownie dough before you cook it.

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• you can eat things that are made with raw eggs as long as the egg is eventually cooked. you cooked the brownies and chicken.. now the egg is cooked. its not raw anymore. lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Did you cook the chicken then bread it using raw eggs to coat the chicken?
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Girl, when I had my kids there were no such foods! We ate what we wanted. My kids and everyone else I know are all just fine. Sometimes, I think that's all just overboard stuff.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• oh gotcha. It should be fine because the eggs were cooked afterwards(chicken was cooked and brownies were baked) I think mainly you should stay away from stuff that has raw eggs that isnt cooked. A lot of desserts contain eggs and are 'no bake' recipes, those should certainly be avoided
    chillybreeze

Answer by chillybreeze at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Raw eggs....when you fry or bake the chicken, the eggs get cooked. When you bake the brownies that contain raw eggs, the eggs are also baked, no longer raw.
    DOn't worry about it. I ate bleu cheeses dressingetc. all the things that they now say you should not eat....I had kids 40 years ago...LOL. ANd they all were healthy and happy. ,
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010