Therapy/Counseling?

I'm in desperate need of therapy & I've been researching doctors and locations that would suit my needs. I've picked out a few but I haven't called any of them yet. What questions do I need to ask? What if I don't like them? (Do I stick w/ that one or try another?) How do therapy sessions tend to work? Any advice? Thanks.

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• Research the type of therapy you want. Have a list of the items you want to focus on. And make sure that you are comfortable with the person you choose.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If you dont like them... for ANY reason, LOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!! It is impossibile to be completely open with someone you are uncomfortable with... Good Luck! hope you find the help you need! Also try the Mental Health Line in your area, They can give you recommidations, advice, ect
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ask them what kind of therapy they offer or if they do counseling for the issues you need help with. Ask how long they have been practicing. Ask fees. If you do not like them, even after a couple of sessions, tell them it doesn't feel like a good match and try someone else. It can take several tries to get a "match". Some of them have websites and might email with you to answer some preliminary questions. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010