HOW CAN I BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE?

Yes, I am a young mother. But, my kids drive me absolutely INSANE! Oldest is 2 years old, going on 15! And youngest is just 9 months. Oldest doesn't listen, she is constantly picking on her sister, she whines, all the stuff a normal typical 2 year old does, and then some! I have them full-time. (single mom) I'm having a nervous breakdown, and I feel like i'm just now hitting Postpartum Depression. I literally think they, especially my oldest, is driving me to insanity! Please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Deep breath, Mama.....and lots of Hugs for loving your children...........You need a support system, and that is not an easy thing to find....for now, put them to bed on time and sit down with a glass of wine and a movie or book, or whatever does it for you.....tomorrow, start making phone calls or get on the computer and see what you can find that says mom's group...or mother's day out.......churches offer these at good prices, and if you think you cannot afford it, give up something to find a way, even if it is the internet or cable t.v., or a couple of meals for yourself once a week, whatever you have to do.....you NEED a weekly break.......time for yourself.....it is a necessity....if you have family available, ask them.....especially grandparents or your kids aunts and uncles.....trade with another mom....even if you can only give each other a couple of hours on the same day.....best wishes....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i know how you feel! i have a 5 month old. she is very easy going, but she is breast fed, so she does need me! i have twin 2 1/2 year olds. the girl is great, but she whines and cries and drives me crazy! the boy is either great fun, or just a pistol! he can be pretty mean to his sisters. i have a 5 year old boy that is either fighting with his younger brother or his older brother, and he is extremely argumentative, and still throws temper tantrums. i have a 7 yr old boy, and he is really good, although he does fight with his 5 yr old brother.

so...try hard to coordinate their naps so you can get a break!!! sometimes, for me, a shower can feel like a vacation!
    do you have anyone that lives nearby that you would trust with your kids? maybe you could swap babysitting with another mom? even to go to the grocery store without kids can be wonderful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• find other mommy friends to come over and hang out
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• LOL! Been there done that. It will get better, just hang in there.

Wouldn't it be great if we could truly share that information with other moms out there and they would actually listen!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• MAybe you could use a change of scenery and something to do that will make you feel like a person again instread of 'just a Mom'...like a part time job or volunteer work. And ask the kids' Dad to help out and give you a little free time.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The best way to unwind from all this is to go out and run an errand or get out and be in places where there are other adults even if it means going to the park. It does a world of good and sometimes it makes the kids sleepy enough to take a nap or easier to be put to bed earlier because it tires them out. You are acting normal since children can be tiring when you spend hours with them. You should try to plan some time out of doors as much as possible so you can get a change of atmosphere. that's what I did and it helped a great deal and it made the days seem less long as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• MAKE time for yourself. Ship them off somewhere for an hour or so once a week and do something just for you.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• take a deep breath,if u need a few moments alone or to get your head together you can even lock yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes while the kids r in their crib or what not they will b fine, just so u don't take your anger or frustration out on them.
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• or you can even turn up the radio,sing and dance with the kids...it relieves stress on your part and the kids love it, plus it tires them out!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I've been a single mom in the past and I think that's why you are feeling this way. Every mom feels moments of being exasperated, but when you are a single mom and feeling alone with the world on your shoulders you can really have a nervous breakdown! Just don't let these feelings and this time in your life cause you to lose sight of what's important or miss out on these years with your kids because you can't get them back. Since you don't have their daddy in their lives or yours you need to seek support from others. Sometimes our own families aren't even there when we need them so you need to reach out to friends or others. Often you can't do things because you can't afford daycare, so take advantage of a good church. The nursery will be free...you can sit in the presence of God and have your spirit uplifted...and you can meet other good people, maybe even a good Christian guy!! They also have "single's" and support groups.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010