Should I go to the doctor?

I don't have heath insurance so I really don't want to. Someone pushed me down the other night, and did something to my ankle. The fibula bone, the one on the outside of your foot that sticks out a little, is swollen and a little red and puffy. Iv'e had sprained ankles before, but they always just heal on their own. This one is a little worse though, it hurts only when i moove it certain ways. Should I just wait for it to heal by itsself or should I go see the doctor?

Jacqui410

Asked by Jacqui410 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• I know nothing about ankles/broken bones....Did they push you down abusively? If that's the case, I am so sorry and I hope you go to the police as well.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am the kind of person that would wait and let it heal but you probably should go to the doctor. Although I wouldn't, if that makes any sense.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am a CMA, and yes, you should most def. go to the doctor. Better yet, you can go to the ER, and get financial assistance with your bills, if you don't have money (w/ co pay) to go to the doctor's right away.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You should go see a doctor. There are places that have a sliding scale based on income. You seriously need to be seen so that it doesn't get any worse.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You probably should get it checked.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Doctor!!! go now!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They have no assistance. I have a stack of bills from them already. the last was almost 800 because i had strep throat. I am on my feet at work all day in heels, so I haven't went back to work yet. I got knocked down because two guys got in a fight outside a resturant and I was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. One cop came, and did nothing. The resturant kicked me out and made me leave because when nothing happened to the guys and i was hurt I threw a fit and cried and yelled at them. So, nothing is going to be done but I am going to have medical bills.
    Jacqui410

Comment by Jacqui410 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• WOW if only the cop would have done something, these guys would be responsible for your medical bills. Do you know them? At the hopsital I would give them their names.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have no idea who they were. They were strangers from inside the resturant who I guess decided to "take it outside" or whatever, and got in a fight and knocked me down. A cop was there, but he didn't do anything. the people who worked there one helped me up, and expected a thank you which I did say thank you but when I tried to talk to them about it and find out what was going to happen about this they kinda laughed and told me to go tell the cop down the street (there was no cop there) and the cop that was there was only there for a minute to calm them down then left. So, I shoulden't have gotten angry and yelled at them, but they should have done something instead of trying to pretend like it never happened.
    Jacqui410

Comment by Jacqui410 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Go here http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/GoogleSearch_HCC.aspx and see if there is a Community Health Center in your area. They provide free or low cost care to people with and without insurance. It's on a sliding scale basis. Otherwise, wrap it with a Ace bandage and alternate heat and ice. Take Ibuprofen for the pain and inflammation. U can take up to 800mg 3x/day.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010