Garden of Eden as Paradise....

Could the Garden of Eden be the same Paradise that Jesus was referring to on the cross when he assured the theif next to him that he would be with him in Paradise?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It is possible... since at the end of the age Eden will be restored as well as the whole earth. Ill have to look into this sometime. Interesting question!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, the paradise Jesus spoke of on the cross to the thief was Heaven.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am not going to even GUESS .....I can't take seriously a book written by men thousands of years ago since I think it is pretty much fiction. I will wait and see what happens....the answers will be revealed after I die,I am sure.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Jesus was referring to when paradise conditions are restored on earth. Jesus was known during that time for his wonderful way of speaking. If he had of meant heaven he would have said heaven.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Could be how are we to know anything for sure, it is all interpretation.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Anna, that is a very good question. As I said, in the Bible, Jesus is talking to the theif about Heaven, because the theif has publicly acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God, admitted he's a sinner, and poweless to save himself, and asked Jesus for forgiveness. Jesus saves him,and tells him he will be in Paradise (Heaven),with Jesus and God from that day on.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 5:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• For the record, I'm not JW, nor did I get the theory from a JW....I came up with it on my own.....
    Anna92464

Comment by Anna92464 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• That was how I always interpreted it... As an Earthly Paradise, not a spiritual one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't think that is what He meant. He told His apostles "I go to prepare a place for you". I don't think He meant that He was going to prepare the Garden of Eden.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• its possible...ive never really thought about it. id like to go there and just wonder around w/ animals and eat delicious fruits all day, sounds like Heaven to me...so long as i dont have to be naked :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010