What do you think?

One of our Dollar Tree stores just become Deals. It has things much more than a Dollar. The real problem is that many of the things that are a dollar at their other stores that are sitll a dollar are now $2 or $3 or even $4. Do you think they are going to do away with out Dollar Tree where everything is a Dollar? I went in there the other day and saw this. I turned around and left.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Eventually I think we'll have to. Inflation is going up an average of 3 to 4% every year. So either they continue to lower the quality of products sold, or they start to raise the prices. I wonder if we'll ever see a $2 store...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No because they are not silly dollar tree brings in the bucks.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They are two different chains with two different owners. I'm sure what really happened is the Dollar Tree in your area was under preforming so Deals bought them out. It's just business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No, what happened is Dollar Tree bought out Deals and is converting some of its stores into Deals.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have a $5 and Below.
    But they too have things for $2 and $3 that you can get at the dollar tree for a $1.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010