do you think it's rude to send out bithday invitations with a wish list attached????

i find more and more people doing this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it makes the parent look rather greedy, and in turn makes me think that they're probably going to be raising a spoiled child. It's different if someone asks, or your family needs a list, but to send them out to everyone invited to the party is tacky, IMO.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would never do it ! A bit tacky for my taste! But thats just me.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wldn't necessarily attach a wishlist but maybe like a business card of where my wishlist is located online (like Amazon or w/e). Honestly I think it's no more rude then people who send out shower invites with where the bride/mother is registered.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 4:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i dont think its rude. some people dont know what to get and dont want to get the wrong thing.
    Anonymous

• Kind of.....but it seems to be a common thing to do these days, so perhaps the average person doesn't find it rude?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It's rude, it's tacky, it's just plain bad etiquette.
    Anonymous

• It may be tacky but it sure makes gift buying a heck of a lot simpler. I hate spending my money on things that the person doesn't either need or want...what a waste!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• In response to the pl that do it, my thing is ask the parent if ur unsure what to buy!! The babyshower wedding shower thing that has always been a tradition. Just sayin
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i do think it's tacky, but helpful at times...i just wouldn't do it my self though
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010