keep it? Sell it? give it away ? throw it away ?

My son and his then fiance lived with us for a few months while looking for a house. We actually let his fiance move in, hoping it would make him wise up and dump her before the wedding, and it worked because he seen the way she really is ( starting fights, yelling at me and my husband, a completel slob and huge liar, plus the fact that the nights my son worked she would go to the movies and out to eat with her male "friend", but throw a hissy if he even said a females name) .

Anyways when they left my son took all of his things. But she left over 30 boxes of things ( we have a small house) . She leave FB message to my daughter saying she wants them back but never comes to get them. I dont know where she is staying to drop them off. It has been over 7 months ! I am tired of it. My son no longer has any contact with her either and said to just throw them away. What should I do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I would sort through the stuff. I know that it is not really your job but I would trash and donate most of the stuff but if there were pictures or things like that despite her what seems to be a lack of caring can never be replaced I would try to get those to her.

Another approach might be to have your daughter send her a message and tell her that you are just going to set it all outside and if she does not going to pick it up then you can donate it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Have your daughter tell her, through FB that she has until whatever date to come and get them and then toss them or donate it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Send her a registered letter saying she has x amount of time to get her things or they will be thrown out or taken to Goodwill. Keep a copy of the letter yourself, and then when time is up do it! If you dont want to be that harsh, then message her and tell her that since you have a small house, and that if she pays for a storage unit, you will move her things there.
    ViolinistBeth

Answer by ViolinistBeth at 5:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• the next time she contacts your daughter have her give her a date by which she has to come get her stuff by and if she doesn't, do what you want with it.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Do your best to contact her and give her in writing 30 days to pick it up otherwise you will donate it to goodwill. That´s what I would do. That way if she decided to take you to court for her things, you have proof in writing. Send it through certified mail. GL.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• ask her one last time to come and get it.
    After two weeks, donate the stuff to goodwill.
    Good luck!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 5:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Leave them outside and say come and get them before the garbage truck does! LOL I would give her a time limit and say come between this time and this time on whichever day is good for you OP. IF she wants it that bad she will make time!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with everyone. But, really....if she wanted it, she would have already come to get it. Seven months REALLY!!! Good luck!
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Give it to goodwill. She knows where you lice if she wanted it she had plenty time to get it.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Keep a list of dates and times that you contacted her to get her stuff. Leaving a FB message doesn't necessarily mean that she got it. Does she have a relative that you know? You need to find a ways to communicate with her better, and give her a time frame to get her stuff. If she doesn't get it by then, get rid of it. She could take you to court to get money for what she has in those boxes. I wouldn't take that chance. Find her.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010