If you have a dd, are you saving for a sweet 16?

I am watching ¨I want my Quince¨on MTV, and I was wondering, anyone with a dd plans on having one, and since they look so expensive, are you saving already?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope...i am spanish we do the sweet 15...lol so yeah i have to save a lot with 3 girls...MAMA MIA i will end up broke...dead broke...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No. There are a lot mor eimportant things to save for, like college, a wedding, a gift to help them get started in life... a sweet 16 party is a stupid way to blow money, in my opinion.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Nope. I can honestly say I had two daughters and neither one got any type of party. Every birthday is basically celebrated the same way here. No big deal.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am not saving but i am going ot do like my parents did - if we want a big party we can have one, or we can do things like take her and her group of friends out to eat and to a movie or to some other place, a small trip with 2 or 3 close friends, etc.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with Ati 13 -- college, wedding, even a car... but not spending/saving for a big b-day party.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• my daughter had 6 or 7 people over and watched Rocky Horror and Repo the Genetic Opera. We covered the walls in the garage with trash bags and put a black light out there and they had glow sticks and neon cut outs on the walls- they hung out and danced in there between movies. I baked the cake and we had goodie bags with toast, confettie and the other stuff that goes with Rocky Horror so they could do that with the movie. They all came sort of movie theme dressed, had boas and had a great time and it didn't cost a lot

When i see shows like the 16th birthday ones on tv- they make me sick at what people will do/spend! and the kids usually seem very brat-ish like they want what they want...ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i never had a quinces and my cousin did and we were the only two females in our famly at the time. i was very jealous my parents never did it. i had a sweet 16 at my house. it was perfect but i do want to do that for my daughter. she is the only female grandchild and probably will be so i think i will do it. she is little so i have time.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My son will be 16 a day after Thanksgiving, but we're going to celebrate it on Thanksgiving like we always do. Nothing fancy, because Christmas is just around the corner.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• OMG no. I had girls in the 1960's and granddaughters now who are 13 .... no way !! That is so fakey and pretentious and EXPENSIVE!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We never did a sweet 16 party.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010