Have you ever cried in church? ( besides at a wedding, funeral, etc )

during just a regular sunday morning church service?

Why ?

I mean i understand that God touches peoples lives in so many ways, but I really just dont understand it ( not bashing, just wondering )

I believe in God, but I have never found myself having the urge to cry over him.

In church I have seen several people cry, not just a few tears, but bawling, to where some cant even get off of the floor and needs help up and this is every sunday .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You must attend a very charismatic church...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have cried over the music sometimes. I really gets to me particularly if it is something that reminds me of a deceased loved one.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have cried before when the sermon really touched me. My husband's family goes to a Church of God church where they "faint" every Sunday, now that I don't understand, but I guess God touches everyone in a different way.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have for a variety of reasons...sometimes I have had a"wall" up and was running from something deep inside and then the pastor says something that crashes through that wall and brings out the tears..kinda like in therapy when your holding back the truth and then the therapist says something that hits the nail on the head and brings out the emotion
    Anonymous

• I do, quite often. When the praise and worship music touches me, when the Pastor's sermon is on fire, and we can feel the move of God in our midst. It's very moving, and many tears are shed. We attend a large Assembly of God church, and so tears are the norm during our services,but in a very good way! :)
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 5:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes i have. Not every time but sometimes something in a message or song will finally click with me and it just makes you cry. Its hard to explain for me unless youve experienced it. Plus i dont really know you or your heart in God to explain it in a way that may be understandable to you
    Jezzeria

Answer by Jezzeria at 5:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes, by myself,so that nobody will know. Do you mean loudly wailing like they do in some of those nutty churches? then,NO.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yup almost everytime i go to church i cry. usually i fight the tears though so most would not notice..
    Usually when they ask people to go to the alter for prayer it stirs emotions up... or some songs seem to hit something..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Of coarse, everytime God heals another part of me. I don't cry everytime I go to church but when God touches me there's no stopping the tears. But you do know that you don't have be in church for that to happen though?

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yup I sure have , I cry because of His depth of love for me!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010