Intentional incorrect spelling and use of words in television shows

Do you think that cartoons and kids shows should use proper grammar? I have noticed lately alot of incorrect use of words and spelling in cartoons and shows for children. An example would be school spelled skool. I have also noticed alot of spanish words intentionally incorrectly used in icarly. The thing that upset me was that my son started thinking these words meant how they were being used. Now granted at 4, icarly isn't really for him but he likes it so I am okay with him watching but even so a teen who doesn't know spanish will still think he is correctly using the words when in fact he is not. Oh and I also correct him and tell him what the word actually means. What are your opinions?

jroseh68

Asked by jroseh68 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think proper grammar in the cartoons would be a good idea. i wonder if the shows would still be entertaining?
    I wish that Dora, Diego and KaiLan would show their spanish words written at the bottom of the screen.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wish Dora would go away
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010