OMG MY DAUGHTER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

I need advice on discipline! She doesn't listen worth sh*t! She hits back, she has driven me to my boiling point today, to the point where I want to check myself into the nut house! I don't know how much longer I can take this. She has pulled the toilet paper apart, dripping her juice all over the carpet, throwing things everywhere. I don't know what else to do at this point......someone please help me. If she wasn't so cute......

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she needs more one on one time with you focusing her energy to appropriate activities. There are probably a lot of things you can do together so you can control the situation. Also, let her get some of her energy used up outside if it is nice. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It is cold here )': but there are places indoors I can take her, just takes money. It's hard to focus my energy on her, when I have another child, much younger than she is. But I certainly try to do one-on-one things. Thank you (:
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• One other idea......make her your partner in helping around the house. Even the one year old I take care of loves to help by put ting the clothes in the dryer and little things like that.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I try to do that, but she says "NOPE!" She used to love cleaning up, i'm not sure what happened. If she was older, I would love for her to help me in the kitchen, but she's not at that age yet. If you have any more ideas, please feel free to post.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• how old is she and your other child? sometimes the older ones act out out of jealousy or for attention. i know exactly how you feel about it driving you crazy i have twin boys who are one and its so hard because they dont understand discipline so it can get pretty frustrating. you have to reemmber to breathe and a lot of situations you have to remember not to make a big deal out of, dont draw attention to it
    for example one of my boys hits me all the time and i didnt realize until i posted on here that me telling him NO was giving him attention, so he would keep doing it.
    if you need someone to talk to about it, you can PM me :D
    good luck
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010