trying to stop.....again

I quit smoking a while back and did not smoke for a little over three years. I went cold turkey and it worked for me being that I didn't have much stress in my life at that time. About a year ago I started back and now am having a hard time quitting. Dose anyone know of a natural way to calm the cravings?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• Uggg! I want to quit smoking so bad, but it's so hard since my husband also smokes. We've never smoked in the house, but everytime he opens the door to go outside I want one, BAD!! LOL! Tomorrow is my last day. I'm going to try again Monday to stop. My dh works 2nd shift, so I've been doing good while he's gone. When I have a little craving I pop a peppermint. They've really been helping. When it gets really bad...this is embarrassing...I use a cinnamon stick and pretend I'm smoking it. I did that for 18 mos. last time I quit, but like you, my life wasn't very stressful.It worked last time, and that's what I'm going to do this time. Maybe it can work for you too! GL!
    kymama9901

Answer by kymama9901 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Thanks I'll try that this time. I used straws the last time, cut them in half to simulate a cigarette since part of smoking is wanting to feel it between my finders. I chewed up a lot of straws too! GL to you too.
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010