So annoying ! do you know someone like this ?

I have a "friend" who whenever I see her ( even if it has been months) the first thing she does is run up to me and complains that she has no man, how she wants a man, and for me to set her up with a man.

I have tried to set her up before and she refuses as soon as she sees what he looks like ( she thinks that a man needs to be rich and an underwear model to be good enough for her) .

I am not trying to be mean when describing her but I doubt she will ever find a man like that who will want her, besides being almost 300 pounds ( and 5'2 ), she has absolutly no personality, if she doesnt feel good about herself she wants to make everyone around her feel bad about themselves too ....

I guess it just hit me today because I am currently dealing with one of her "visits" ( she is staying the weekend).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Help her be proactive in finding some dates. Has she heard about the dating website for heavier people? There are great men out there who prefer heavier girls. I do't know the site but you can Google some key words and you'll find them. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i am lucky that i do not have a friend like that...i guess i am picky when i pick my friends...DRAMA FREE ZONE...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh my...help her take a look in the mirror and decide she won't be living very long if she doesn't lose weight. A man should be the least of her concerns at this point!! This chick needs an intervention....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I hear you and you are not being mean if you are speaking the truth and not trying to insult purposely. You have to somehow find a polite way to tell her that she needs to be realistic with her choice in dating and not be judgemental. Hell we all would like someone rich or supermodel sexy to a degree but we are not silly enough to limit to our fantasies. Be straight and tell her that if she doesn't get a grip on reality then she will never have a man and complaining about it is annoying.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I know a girl who is in her 20's and has a host of physical and mental issues and all she ever talks about is having a man in her life...So I have asked her why? why is it so important? you have to fill your own holes before you rely on a man to do it for you because women who are needy and think a man is the answer are just looking to fill some void/hole inside themselves..they can't do it so they think a man will...but i tell this girl men are more of a problem then they are worth so why not just learn to be happy first and the right guy will come along..never rely on someone else to bring happiness ...that has to come within you, 1st!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• OMG she sounds like my cousin she is so picky with men now as the years gone by till this day she has no one I mean she has had kids but no man.
    as far as your friend we both know she needs to lose some weight and she needs to stop being so picky what makes her think she is all that hey looks goes both ways I think...lol well atleast alittle bit.
    I wish you (hopfully she'll start to back off) and your friend GL (especially your friend)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Why are you letting her spend the week-end?
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Actually, I have a male friend who is skinny as hell, bad acne, receding hairline, and an alcoholic who wants a supermodel girlfriend. I've tried explaining to him nicely that he may need to lower his standards a bit but he doesn't get the hint. I just let him have his pity parties and move on.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• she really shouldnt be so picky gl
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I dont have a friend like that thank the gods
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010