Poop training

How do you help your son learn to poop in his potty (or on the toilet) when he usually poops while he's napping? Do I skip naps for a few days so I could "catch" him poop? He will pee in his potty before nap, but I don't know how to coax him to poop. Is it even possible? Any tips??

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 5:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Might be TMI but me and hubby would take our little one in the bathroom with us when we handling business and make him sit on the pot after a few times of this he finally showed some interest in it u may have to wake him wake him up from his nap when you think its time for him to go
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with the person above me. Let ur little on watch you while u go..weather its poop or pee.. thats how we got my son interested in the potty. show him all the basics and go fro mthere. Wake him up bout half way threw his nap and see if he goes..Good Luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Don't know exact age of your baby but toilet training readiness varies a lot. Goggle "toilet training readiness" and you'll see a lot of helpful info. Personally, I would not wake him. He needs his naps. It all works out in time.
    Anonymous