Back in the NICU

My 4 week old daughter stopped breathing for 45-50 second and was rushed to the hossy where she was born and was admittied into the NICU she has had blood work spinal tap urine dip and will be getting an MRI tonight...She was also spitting up formula but not breast milk for the frist 2 week's she was home...she was home 3 week's to the day she had this spell she was born 9-22-10 and she was 6 week's early spent 9 day's of her life in the NICU where she had a short spell that lasted only 5 seconds and this happened only twice her stay there she did have a short 10 second spell the night befor last but last night was the worst she's had.....What could caused this...her RSV and FLU test's can back NEG....

I'm really baffled by this and this is my 3rd baby but frist premmie

bonniemommy100

Asked by bonniemommy100 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry. Here's a bump for you
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• hugsI am so sorry! It can be so hard not knowing what is going on. I had a baby in the nicu for 26 days :( I can tell you he is fine and strong and healthy now! Are you still breastfeeding? can you do as much kangaroo care as possible? they say your baby being close to your heart is really good. I wish your baby the best of health. Hang in there mama!

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Have they ruled out apnea? That's what it sounds like to me. They should have checked for that when she was born and sent her home with an apnea monitor. Sounds like a sub-par hospital.
    Anonymous

• my daughter stopped breathing when she was first born. She was fine at first but when my hubby took her with the nurse to the nursery to get weighed and he handed my daughter to the nurse, she said "she's not breathing!" she ended up being fine, but it was such a scare!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010