I am 46 years old, and I want sex all the time, this is all I think about is this normal for someone my age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You should probably ask your Dr. that question. I am in my 40's as well, and I could care less.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Our sex drive is supposed to get into high gear at this age. Since we basically don't have to worry about having anymore kids. I say RUN WITH IT!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Hey I am 61 and I am right there with ya!

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• For many of us in this age group.. YES!!! LOL.. I'm 48 and I walk around hornier than a 17 year old boy most of the time.. lmao

My doc ( a perimeopause/menopause specialist) has told me that when most (not all.. most) women reach our age, our sexual desire level actually has a lot do with with our sexual activity level. That the more sexual active, and the more PLEASURABLE a woman's sex life has been in general, the more likely she is to go into overdrive during perimenopause. That it is really a "use it or lose it" type thing. That orgasms release hormones/chemicals that make us desire sex more often. And the more sexually active a woman is, the less the lining in our vaginas thin out during perimenopause (again due to hormone/chemical releases from orgasms). Thinning vaginal lining is one reason sex does become painful for some women the older they get.

Cont.. below
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Another aspect of it is that as many women get older, the more comfortable we become with ourselves. The more comfortable they are with their own bodies, their own needs, their own desires, their sexuality in general. Increases their sex drive as well, because these things usually increase the pleasure levels that a woman experiences during sex. The more they enjoy it, the more they want to do it. Also, due to that whole comfort and acceptance of our sexuality, many older women begin making sure that they are giving/receiving what they need/want sexually.Many older women have no problem "getting their's" so to speak.. lol

There is also an evolutionary aspect to it as well. When a woman hits perimenopause, that bio clock is ticking like Big Ben at high noon.. lol. Our bodies know that time is running out, that we are on that down hilll slide to no longer producing egss. So the urge to procreate is kicks into overdrive
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't know, but I'm 40 and my sex drive has been increasing for the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if it continues for a while.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I couldn't really care less.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I'm 47 and right there with you;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I'm 46, I'm with yall also.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes ! your normal ~
    BoundHearts

Answer by BoundHearts at 10:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010