What are everyone's views on natural gas drilling?

KKline

Asked by KKline at 6:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I support alternative energy sources.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My honest opinion, we should put the more energy in to more renewable energy - wind and solar - and less in to using up our natural gas and oil... I can't imagine living without my gas stove top, but there is really no reason a water heater, furnace or oven can't be heated by other means.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i agree... but for the area in pa where i used to live, not only is there the natural gas but there is new economy to a dying area. I have since moved to NY and they won't pass it here... and this area needs, desperately, to have the economy boost... with natural gas drilling comes renewed property value, even rent value, jobs, and many other benefits
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I'm deffinetely 100% on this seems how my Fiance works in this field, searching for natural gas and clearing trails for the rigs to go through!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Legalizing hemp to grow in the states and using it for all it's possible applications would be a new economy for the nation.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• but there is really no reason a water heater, furnace or oven can't be heated by other means.

I use wood for most but the oven which is propane. Those are good "other" means. I use propane for my oven. I hate to imagine how much more harm could be done to Michigan's economy if they could not drill for natural gas since we have one of the highest amounts in the nation.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I support it as a viable ALTERNATIVE energy source
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am from Texas. I have always supported the drilling for natural gas and oil.

Wind and solar are good, but they aren't nearly enough. There are some parts of the country where they are useless, I live in one of them. We need something more..something they just haven't found yet.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• As they say: "Drill here, drill now ..." I support all of the above.

You see, I remember the 70's, when America was very interested in getting independent of foreign oil. I expect that some multi-national gov't agreements and the interests of some multi-national corporations prevented us from achieving.

Odd - isn't it? - that those who loudly call for pulling down corporations in the financial arena, are at the same time contributing to these corporations' wealth and power in the energy arena by denying us the permission to dig for oil, gas, coal right under our feet. ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 9:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Solar power and wind power.....no more drilling and invading countries to control them and control their Oil supplies.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010