Pagan Life Cycle Beliefs... **Research Quesiton**

I'm directing this to Pagans but of course anyone is welcome to answer. I'm looking for individual beliefs about the life cycle - life, death, afterlife, rebirth...

What is your belief about this cycle?
Do you believe we come back or simply ascend to something else?
What dictates how and when we are reborn?
What kind of afterlife do you believe in and what is it's purpose?

And anything else you can think to mention...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe after physical death, our souls venture to a place where we await our next journey in a new life. During all that time we search to see if we have learned our lifes lessons and prepare ourselves for the next life.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I believe that after death our souls/essence goes to a resting place... a place of rest and meditation... to await the time of
    rebirth... I believe that we are reborn until all life's lessons are learned (no one knows just how many times this happens),
    but when the lessons have been learned and your journey becomes final, you become part of everything, part of Gaia, part
    of the Universe...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I believe before our lives begin we set up a kind of outline on things we want to accomplish/learn while here.

We are reborn til those things are accomplished. Between lives we stay in a place of peace and calm. Perhaps we visit with loved ones or help others who are passing through into that world...I dont know.

After we are finished with rebirths we become one with the Universe and just do whatever we are needed to do. We are energy so that is what will remain forever and beyond.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think we start on a spiritual realm or plane or...something. Then I think we come to earth (or possibly even another pysical existance) to learn lessons we can only learn through experiencing the physical. I think we have some input or intention when we come to earth. Then we live out an earthly life or multiple earthly lives with existance on a spiritual plane in between. Everyones path is different, we are all unique & contribute different things, good & bad as we transcend. I think we live as many physical & spiritual lives as "necessary". Essentially I think it is an upward progression & it leads to an ultimate connection with EVERYTHING.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I believe we go to Summerland, and are reborn until we reach total enlightenment. Then retire in Summerland, with our loved ones, in complete happiness.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I believe the same as NightPhoenix...
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and are born, live, then die, and...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010