how od you celebrate samhian?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 6:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have "Dinner with the Dead". Celebrating lost loved ones and wandering spirits.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Most years I have made a special dinner, taken the kids out TOT, and went out to the Witches Ball. But this year, being UBER pregnant, I'm going to make dinner, hand out candy while the kids TOT w/dad. Tell the kids a story or two, maybe enjoy a "scary" movie with my DH and have a personal ritual after everyone goes to sleep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have a family supper with an extra plate set out for our loved ones who haved passed away. We have a ritual and invite them to come feast with us.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I will make a special dinner... leave a plate out ... I will do a personal ritual/meditation during the day for those
    that have passed on ... After T& T Dh and I will have a bon-fire where I will make a special New yr blessing up to
    all the Goddess and God... and then enjoy a few ale beverages with Dh and friends...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We do a mute dinner. Thats really the only thing we've done specific. Kinda shifts year to year.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I cast my circle before making the dinner (feast) then leave two plates out and their own place settings. My candles for the gods and goddess are going at the same. When evoked to eat with my family we say our blessings for those who have passed away and honor them with gifts of the harvest such as corn, pumpkins, gourds, chicken and such. We drink ale and/or beers.. to celebrate then we leave candles for the gods and goddess and diety that was evoke bridgett to cleanse our home and bring luck and good health through out the year. Close the circle and thank everyone that was INVITED for coming and clean up.. be sure to put the plate of food for the godess and god into a container to bury into the ground. Saying "As it is up above so it is below blessed be"
    Dariensmom1

Answer by Dariensmom1 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Divination and Trick-or-Treating
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010