my son wont stop blinking diresticly.

idk what happn but he keeps blinking like hes playin around but ive watched him do it like contantly and idk what it is. he said his eyes hurt but than just goe3s on with what hes doing.. what do i do

newmomie07

Asked by newmomie07 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A tic perhaps? Tourettes maybe. Allergies

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• diresticly-I am not familiar with this word. It could be so many different things from allergies like the above person said, maybe poor eyesight, dry eyes, who knows. You will have to ask him more about it and then maybe schedule some an appointment with his pediatrician.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• well i web md and it says eye injury torrets elepsiy hay fever.. my hubby is making him an apt on monday. its ben a couple days he ben doing it.
    newmomie07

Comment by newmomie07 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i ment like alot.. lol and like dramaticly..
    newmomie07

• Drastically, like overly dramatized, that is what I figured you mean but was not sure if it was just a word that I had never heard. And that sounds like the best course of action.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• lol yea.. thats wat i meant.. yea and daddy will tell hm to stop but than hell do it like a joke than you think hes going to stop and hell go about playing or walk off than you see him like a few mins later and hes doing it again but like not for fun. ??
    newmomie07

Comment by newmomie07 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When a kid becomes aware of it, they'll blink weird for a while. Or when they see someone winking, they'll try and try and try. I'll bet you anything that your son is either becoming aware that he's blinking, or he's trying to wink. Ignore it and he'll quit. ALL of my kids did the same thing between the ages of 2 & 5.
    Anonymous

• but he dose it alot. and he has joked with blinking like that when he was a baby. so i think he mght have something in his eye and i think im just going to take him to the drs
    newmomie07

Comment by newmomie07 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My almost 4 year old has been doing this too and I took her to the doctor who has referred me to a specialist.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010