How many people are you having for Thanksgiving?

Do you do the cooking, or someone else, or does everyone bring a dish?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 7:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• We're not having anyone over. We always drive to my hometown (which is 8 hours away from where we currently live) to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my grandma and my mom's side of the family. My grandma usually cooks for about 30 people. Sometimes people bring dishes, but it's usually mac&cheese, deviled eggs or some kind of cake or pie. My grandma is the only one who cooks the traditional turkey and stuffing.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am not sure yet, probably around 15 or so, and I do the cooking.

Answer by older at 7:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• 0-we're going out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Probably around 30 or so. I will make a couple meats, a couple appetizers, a couple main dishes, vegetables, potatoes and desserts and ask everyone to bring a dish of some kind.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• around 13 I make the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, 1 pie and the scalloped corn then everyone else brings a dish
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• None - we'll go to a couple different places, and have to bring sides to each place. Won't know what I have to bring til about a week before - and that's fine with me ;o).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We're having 30 - my mom is doing the turkey(s) and ham and everyone else pitches in and brings everything else.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• None. I don't do Thanksgiving... My DH will most likely take my kids to his sister's house.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• we will be staying home and I will be doing the cooking for myself and my 3 children, it will be a bittersweet Thanksgivings, because my husband will still be fighting the war in Afghanistan. By the time he gets home he will have missed all the kids birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, both of our birthdays and our Anniverssary. But you can believe I stand behind in what does, it is a job he loves
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I do all the cooking. I am cooking for about 20 people this year, which is actually a relief since the past 5 years I have cooked for 40+. I am going to make it super special for my DF. He will be deploying not long after the holiday season.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2010