My mom is a judgemental snob,well maybe not a total snob but she did live kinda wealthy growing up and she has the mentality of it,how to deal with her?I need support being around my mom tomorrow,please kind answers.

My mom can be kind to me,she babysits my daughter and cooks me dinner which I thank her for but that's not a excuse for her to judge my thoughts,if all she can do is judge me,then why see her?I've tried to stay away from her and I feel better that way but today I had to see her and tomorrow too.I can hardly open up to her and talk to her about things without her judging me,like today I said; I saw a midget in the bank and immediately she says,well I hope you didn't stare at him!She didn't have to say that,it was uncalled for ,she uses every opportunity to put me down or to make up for her parenting.I just agreed with her I didn't want to scream at her in front of my daughter. Another thing was at my daughters school the principal was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and my mom saw her and said she looked like a kid.She's a judgemental,critical b#tch!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My mother in law is like this and I just have to breath through it! Literally bitr your tongue and suck it up basically. People like that don't see anything wrong with how they act or talk and therefore talking to them is like talking to the wall. I've tried before and she looks at me like im speaking native tongue. It sucks and you are going to have to vent somewhere but like you said there are good things she does...as hard as it is try and foxus on that!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am sorry from what you said she is kind and does not deserve to be called a bitch by her own daughter, I don't care what she does! or says, what you mentioned she said could be taken many ways, one jokingly and 2, making conversation.

Answer by older at 7:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010