I am three months pregnant with my first child and i keep having intense cramping. Is there something wrong?

fairwaymom

Asked by fairwaymom at 7:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try drinking a glass of juice, a couple of glasses of water, and laying down for a while. Even mild dehydration can cause pretty bad cramps during pregnancy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Lay on your left side. Where's the cramping at?? It could be round ligament pain!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with both answers above. Try just drinking some water and laying on your left side. As lovin said, if you are dehydrated then you can get some really bad cramps. I had terrible labor because I was dehydrated and did not know and in the last few months I was dehydrated and had terrible cramps and baby would stop moving because of it! Good luck!
    velvetnbrielle

Answer by velvetnbrielle at 7:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If your not spotting I'd lay down for awhile and see if it passes. If it does that means either its round ligament pain or your uterus is expanding. Sometimes it can be pretty intense, other times its mild. If you start to spot or it doesn't stop you need to talk to your doc.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010