Shoud I go to a haunted house 8 months pregnant?

rlnash16

Asked by rlnash16 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was 8 months on at Halloween time once too. If I were you I wouldn't because you never know what could happen if something startles you bad enough.... but that's just me because I play on the safe side. It's really up to you.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• having my 5th in jan, i am going to tell you why it is a bad idea~! Not only could it scare you into labor, when you walk thru a haunted house, you are jam packed, and if someone freaks out, they could run into you, or knock you down and trample you! In st. louis our haunted houises are HUGE and there are at least 40 people touching you at all times! Plus, if you had an emergency you cannot get out of there quickly! EVERYONE is screaming, so you wont be noticed! Good luckj, but bad idea!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I say no. Im almost 7 months pregnant and im worried about the dark and tripping and if someone scares me bad enough that I would go into labor. Lol. But seriously there's a lot of risk for falling in a haunted house, I wouldn't chance it!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i was almost 9 months last year for halloween, i wanted to go one but i stayed home and passed out candy. i didnt want to risk someone pushing into my belly or falling.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• unless its lame and all the lights are on.....then no, you shouldn't go, its just not safe, but you know how you are. If you are a bad ass and don't get scared and punch people in the face if they get to close like I do (just joking, but when pregnant anything goes) then go for it. You aren't just protecting yourself you are protecting your unborn baby. there is no rush to go and get the crap scared out of you when there will be just as many haunted houses next year and you can get a babysitter and go have fun with nothing to worry about. good luck, just be careful...if you do go...go with alot of friends and make a pact to surround you to protect you and the belly and have some sort of signal if anything happens. ALSO take a flashlight. and FYI depending on your location and scare level they might not even let you in when they see the belly....good luck
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It could be harmless, but I wouldn't. I think baby feels everything you do, especially when adrenaline is involved. You'll have a million more chances to do those things, why not wait for now?
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It could be ok but I wouldnt risk it
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• no
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010