if you have been to Day Out with Thomas

it's a first time for us and we are so excited! it's about a 2 hour drive. I'm taking the cooler which will have juice boxes, snacks and sandwiches. I'm taking ds's potty just in case, I'm taking my camera and diaper bag, Ipod of course, tickets and directions of course...anything I am missing? Is outside food allowed (I'd just stick what I needed in the diaper bag)???

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• We went for the first time this summer! It was a wonderful experience. Everything is free! Well, the little rides, petting zoo, stuff like that. There will be SO MUCH for you to do. It can easily be an all day thing. You can bring your own food, but it was VERY crowded. We went back to the parking lot and we were going to eat in the van, but we found a picnic table nearby. Take sunscreen!

We got pictures with Thomas and with Sir Toppenhat. The workers take photos too and you can purchase those, but they will also let you take pictures with your own camera. That is what we did. I was really amazed at everything they had for the kids to do! Have fun!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We just went to the one in Rusk, Tx.. I think you have everything.. It was not that busy but it was on a friday.
    mecheledo covered everything pretty well... Make sure you have a few quarters to get feed for the animals.
    Its a really nice day!
    If you guys like that, try the Polar Express Train Ride... It was a BLAST!!! Everyone dresses in PJs (adults too), you get hot chocolate on ur train ride & you visit with santa & get a bell from him.. I loved it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We took our grandson.. He loved every minute of it. Take some cash.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We went a few years ago and the only issue we had was that we didnt eat before going and the food there was expensive. The kids loved it though and there were a few other activities for them to do other than ride the train...Make sure to take extra cash just in case you want to buy something.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh, it was so fun! Take LOTS AND LOTS OF CASH. They have everything Thomas you could ever think of and a ton you'd never thought of.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010