For those of you in interfaith households, do you do anything with the family for Samhain? Or do you just do general Halloween stuff?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both.

When my son was growing up, we always did do the basic "Halloween" stuff.

We also do Samhain activities as well, because my son's godparents are eclectic Pagans. So we attend their turning of the wheel party, and participated in all it's goings ons, every year.

My son loved both when he was growing up.. Today on the phone he told me that he was really going to miss his "Uncles" this year for Halloween.. They always went out all out for him on holidays.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I intergrade Samhain into our Halloween celebrations so that no one exp for my dh actually knows that
    I am celebrating a Pagan Sabbath ... At the bon-fire I will quietly let up a Blessing for the upcoming new yr
    and place in the fire my written blessing...
    No One has ever asked me why I leave out an extra plate... or why I may leave a lantern lit on my porch with
    an offering ... Being in a town of 96% Christians, it is easier to hide in full sight, yet no one be the wiser...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Muslim/Christian here. I don't usually celebrate it. I just eat the candy.
    Anonymous

• We mix both of them into one too, my DH is wiccan but we live in a very judgemental town so he makes it look like normal halloween celebrations.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• both
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010