How long did it take to potty training your child?

He just turned two a couple weeks ago we had the pooping down for about 2 months now but the peeing is kinda of a struggle im trying to get him potty train before i have my other baby in six weeks any suggestions

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 7:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow you have the bm down!! Thats great! hands down to you. I have always heard that bm is the hardest. Not to brust your bubble but, your son, may revert back to diapers, when new baby arrives. You may have good luck, and this may not happen. Wish you luck. I have been trying to potty train my son for a year now, and will we are not there yet. Cole is two and half. He will go when I tell him bathroom time, but He will NOT come to me. He just does not care. I do wish you luck!!
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• 3 days.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• 2.5 years. She was tying her shoes and reading long before she was out of diapers (at four)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• He was 3 years old and potty trained himself in about 2 weeks.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• For us, our daughter was potty trained by 27 months then she got a stomach bug regressed then got back on track and trained again successfully, then another bug, regressed, etc. So, after 3 stomach bug rounds it finally happened in 8 months. I have found the best thing is to follow their lead. If we push them too much they start to resist and it doesn't happen :)
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 10:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010