I am going to be full time working mom. What do you think, breast feed or bottle feed?

FLmomma2be

Asked by FLmomma2be at 4:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm also a full time work outside the home mommy! I was able to breastfeed my son exculsively. I was fortunate to be with him for the first 5 months of his life. When I came to work, I pumped twice a day so that he would have milk at the daycare center. It's a bit of a sacrifice but you can do it! There is a group here on CM with mommies that work outside the home and breastfeed. They are a great support!
    You can do it!
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Breastfeed!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If you can, pump at work. IF not, breastfeed when you can and supplement formula at day care. That way baby gets as much breastmilk as possible. Don't feel bad if you can't keep up with it. Formula is healthy too. Best thing is to do what works best for both you and baby.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeed as much as posible!!! It is way better for your baby than formula, and builds his/her amune sistem.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeed!It's what is best for your baby! When you are working pump as much milk as you can and if its not enough for your baby when he is away from you then give formula too!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I work outside the home and formula feed, do what ever best fits your needs
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If you can breast feed, do it, otherwise there is nothing wrong with formula!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 6:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I started back at work 3 weeks ago after breastfeeding exclusively for 3 months. I have been able to produce enough milk (pumping twice at work) to feed my baby only breast milk. BUT, after a couple weeks, he has now decided that he prefers a bottle over the breast because he can eat faster. Now I pump 4 times a day and do not nurse (not my choice :( ). I can tell that my supply is being affected. I still plan to pump and suppliment if needed with formula. If you are able to pump at work I would recommend at least giving it a try. Every day you can breastfeed will benefit your child. If it does not work for you though, do not feel bad, they have mastered the nutritien in formula.

Good luck!
    JacobsMommy143

Answer by JacobsMommy143 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I still BF my 18 months old and I'm a full time teacher so I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week AND I work at a coffee shop on sundays for 5 hours. My pumping output was low and we still didn't have to supplement, but remember BFing isn't all or nothing, even if you only nurse when you are home every ounce counts!!! If your baby refuses to nurse because of bottle preference its your will against theirs and since to me giving into a bottle because he refused to nurse and having to use formula was like giving in and not forcing my 4 year old to eat his veggies I refused anything but the breast at home.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Breastfeed, baby deserves the best. Good Luck you will do great!!

Anonymous