What would you do if you accidentally poked your vein? :(

I was in the backyard chopping off some of the dry leaves off my palm tree it is very tall and I also have some smaller palm trees but a different type it pretty much grows up then spread it is really pretty.
my question is I think I poked my vein on the side of my foot I did not notice it until I felt my foot alittle wet and sticky it was not gushing out blood it was just slowly coming out I am guessing my smaller palm trees had to do with it I must have ran into one and did not notice. I stopped what I was doing and washed the area it seems to be ok but the little hole where it bleed from has a round greenish tint around the hole. the color of my vein but not sure what to make of it It is similar to a mosquito bite but a very lite green tint with a pierced hole I am guessing bc it could be the vein. I hope I am making sense.
thanks ladies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• No different than poking yourself with a knife or needle. Put some triple antibiotic ointment and a bandage on it and watch for infection.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you are just fine. Just clean it and cover it. I pretty much cut the end of my finger off this week but I was able to get the bleeding under control and keep it closed and it will heal just fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I'd stop the bleeding and cover it up to prevent infection. That's really all you can do. You could also have poked a capillary. Just know with venous blood, it's usually a steady stream with dark red blood, arterial blood will spurt and be bright red because it is oxygenated, and capillary blood is brighter red than venous but oozes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010