cloth diapers

one of my friends wants to use cloth diaper. i went to diapers.com but i don't what exactly i need to buy her. so help?

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Okay, my suggestion is if you want to get her something, get her a gift card. Now, my reason for saying that is because cloth diapers come in so many styles and companies and she may have a preference, so buying her something she isn't going to use would be a waste of money. If she doesn't know what she wants to use I would say talk to her about a "trial pack" that she can try for 2 weeks once the baby is here to explore different styles and brands without putting money in to one and then not liking it. You may even want to get her one of these or offer to.

Beyond that, I would say stick to buying her things like diaper cream (I like Angel Baby Bottom Butter) or other accessories, like a wet bag or diaper pail rather than buying her diapers.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Here's a place that will let you (her) do a cloth diaper trial, I have seen others as well, just do a search to find them...

http://www.diaperdaisy.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=374

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree w/ Sabrina. I cloth diaper and different people like different kinds and there is a LOT out there. There are some great WAHM here on cafe mom who sell amazing diapers. you could get her a few different ones from them. Check out the Cuties With Cloth Booties group.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Actually, you can't use diaper rash cream with cloth. It causes them to repell. Get her a goodmama diaper, THEY ARE THE BEST or some cloth diaper safe rash cream. I think Little Outlaws makes some. The pink sugar scent is DIVINE.
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yeah true about not using diaper rash cream with cloth diapers (kids who wear cloth don't usually get diaper rashes either)
    If she's a new cloth diaperer and doesn't know her preferences yet then you might want to consider buying her one each of a few different types of cloth diapers so she can see what she likes best
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010