My babys belly button stump fell off yay is there anything i can use besides rubbing alcohol?

we are flat broke til the 30th is there anything we can use to clean it really good besides the rubbing alcohol?

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 7:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We always just left our babies stump alone. Our ped has always advised us not to use anything on it - oh and we were told not to use alcohol.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Don't use alcohol. You are supposed to just leave it alone.
    Jacobismommy

Answer by Jacobismommy at 8:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I never used alcohol on either of my kids! Plane water is enough... At that age they aren't rolling around on the ground or anything that can make them dirty, and things like alcohol can seriously irritate their skin - not to mention burn like hell if there is any open skin.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• okay good to hear and i was told by my mother in law about the alcohol i have been just blotting it with a diaper wipe that way i dont get blood all over his white onesie the alcohol seems like it would hurt like a mother trucker thanks for the advice ladies

God Bless
    mama2jaybub

Comment by mama2jaybub (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Once the stump falls off you can put them in a regular bath to keep it clean. I never used anything on it before falling off and after I only poured water over it like the rest of the body.
    Anonymous