does any one know how to make homemade fried chicken?

Skylersmommi124

Asked by Skylersmommi124 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sure I cut up the chicken and I rinse it off put it in a baggy full of flour and then have my oil already heating and add a few pieces to the flour and then put it into the oil I salt and pepper the 1st side then I flip and do the other side I let my cook slowly for like an hour and turn as needed
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• sure, you make your batter. I normally just do all purpose flower, a little salt and garlic. You can add your own spices to it. Dip the chicken in egg, then the flower mix, and then fry in veggie oil. A deep fryer is the best but if not put about 2 inches of oil in a pan and do it on stovetop.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh yeah I use canola oil and I do mine in a cast iron skillet on the stove. I have never dipped mine in eggs or anything else. I make really good fried chicken
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yeah, you soak the chicken in buttermilk and hot sauce, then dip the chicken in seasoned flour, beaten egg, and back to the flour. Drain it on a cake rack for a good couple of minutes and then pan fry... in a twelve inch skillet, two to three large scoops of shortening should do the trick, or you can use a couple of inches of veg oil, use a fry thermometer to keep the oil at 325, and only turn it once. It takes about twenty minutes to twenty five minutes to cook through.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I cut and rinse my chicken then submerge it in buttermilk and soak in the fridge over night. The next day I prepare my cast iron skillet with about 3 scoops of shortening I dredge the pieces straight from the butermilk in seasoned flour9salt, pepper, parika,garlic powder) then fry. Do ovewr a medium heat. Do not crowd the chicken, turn only once. It should take 20-25 minutes to cook through, depending on size of pieces.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I make oven fried chicken. Fried chicken is to greasy for us now.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• the best fried chicken---- roll your chicken in some seasoned flour(salt,pepper, onion powder,garlic and some red pepper), coat in yellow mustard, and then put it back in the flour! Fry! It sounds crazy but makes it crispy and yummy!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 11:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

lovinangels

oh I am coming over next time you have fried chicken! sounds really good!

All I have ever done was take flour/pepper/garlic salt in a ziplock and add chicken, shake it up and add to hot oil in frying pan cook until golden brown
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I will share my mother's recipe with you...the batter consists of two large bowls....one with flour, salt and pepper, and a little paparika, the next bowl consists of eggs and milk beaten together. Wash you chicken and make sure it's completely dry so your flour will stick. Take the chicken and submerse in the egg mixture-then the flour mixture-then egg-then flour again (double-battered) then place in your oil and fry each side until nicely brown...you will never eat another piece of fried chicken any where else again outside your home...lol.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes...i have 2 bowls one with fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons) with all my spices mixed in...spices are black pepper, salt, adobo, garlic powder, then add pure cilatro and recaito and mix it well so the spices, herbs and lemon all become one...on my other bowl i have my crutons (yes the ones you add on the salads) you blend this all together and make them into bread crumbs...then i take my chicken (i mainly use breast) wash it up good pat it dry and they go into the lemon bath...(about 5 min) ALSO I FORK MY CHICKEN SO THAT THE LEMON HERBS GOES INSIDE AND MAKES IT JUICY...THEN OUT FROM THE LEMON AND INTO THE CRUTONS...then into a HOT pan with oil...

They come out super good very different and yummmmy...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010