Do you think schools should bring back discipline? Spankings?

Look at how these schools are just being ran by these children in certain parts of America. Do you think these kids lack discipline? Spanking by the principle was allowed when I was growing up. I'm 27, so it wasn't too far ago that this was permitted.

Bumble_She

Asked by Bumble_She at 8:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our schools still do it. But it's rare. I've only heard of one actual case and that was YEARS ago! But at the beginning of the year they still send home the paper requesting permission. I say, as long as I am contacted and can be there, they can do it... I look at it this way, if they did something so horrid that the school feels they need to implement a spanking - the spanking is the least of my kids worries!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Hell no!

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am all for it!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Not spankings but more disipline. The kids are running the show along with senators that don't want the spankings but I think schools should be more strict
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Absolutely not. I'm pro spanking. Matter of fact I'm the group owner of Moms who Spank. But IMO only family should spank. If the child is acting up enough to warrant a spanking the parents should be called. And no parent should say I can't come deal with this. They should be required to go to the school and take care of the issue in person.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• no
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• HELL YEAH! If the parents don't do it, someone has to!
    Anonymous