any ideas on cheap halloween costumes

As Halloween is getting closer and I have waited until the last minute to buy costumes as usual, I was wondering if anyone had any idea on costumes that can be made at home and don't cost that much. I have four kids and my husband has just been laid off from his job.

huffmanall4

Asked by huffmanall4 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• What are their ages and do they have an idea as to what they want to dress up as?
    Girls.... maybe a bride in a white slip...
    Boys a Ninja... black on black
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• my son is 11, one daughter is 7 and the other one is 6-my 7-year old says that she wants to be a vampire and the other two don't care
    huffmanall4

Comment by huffmanall4 (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Hobo
    Ninja
    Pirate

All of those can be made out of old clothing and makeup.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• A couple years ago we decided last minute to go trick or treating to a couple places (we don't normally do it). I refused to spend ANY money. A cousin had just posted pics that day from a party she went to - and it was the easiest cheapest cutest thing! I dressed each of my kids (I also have 4) in one solid color - luckily they all had clothes that matched their coats (it was cold out!). I had construction paper that matched each of them. I made a cone hat, and a "crayon wrapper" (taped 2 papers together, drew "crayola" symbol), pinned the "wrapper" to their fronts (went from their neck to their crotch area), used bobby pins to keep the cone hats on, and they went as some lost crayons! They were adorable and everyone loved it!
    Anonymous

• thank you, such a cute idea
    huffmanall4

Comment by huffmanall4 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Aw the crayon idea is too stinkin' cute! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sew torn material to old pj's and make mummy costumes.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I made my sons pirate out fit took and old shirt and pants and took pinking shears to it then hot glued scrap fabric for patches then got temp tattoos and put them on him... he looked adorable... I like the mummy idea it sounds cute
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010