Do you think it's wrong to get infants (girls or boys) ears pierced?

I got mine when i was 6 months so i was just wondering how other moms felt about

and when i say mine i mean like my mother took me when i was 6 months

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 8:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope I am fine with it and did with my three girls.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• my mother did not take me when i was younger (i wish she would have) i think it is up to u if u want to do it or not but i am all for it
    Stl_mom_314

Answer by Stl_mom_314 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I dont have a little girl, but if I did Im not sure if its something I would personally do. But no, I dont feel its wrong for someone else to do it, if its something they want to do.. I really see no problem with it. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Not wrong, but not desirable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, it's cruel IMO. I waited to pierce my girls' ears til they were old enough to ask for it and understand how it was done and knew how to help take care of them. One was 5, one was 7, and the other hasn't even asked yet, she's 5.
    Anonymous

• if u anser a question why do it anon.? really ur answer wasn't mean and i respect all opinions
    mama2jaybub

Comment by mama2jaybub (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, I do think it's wrong. I think inflicting pain and altering a child's body simply for looks is always wrong... If and when a child decides to have their ears pierced, that is their choice - their body... It's NEVER okay for a parent to decide when it's okay.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It is your child so it's your choice. I personally would never do it. It is a body modification, I think it should be a choice for the one receiving it. I have 2 friends who had them done as infants and are quite bitter that their Mothers would choose something like that for someone else. They both have religious beliefs that basically say things like piercings and tattoos and such are desecration of the body and therefore a sin. The religion the chose is not the same as their families.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with getting a baby's ears pierced as long as you keep them clean. I did both of my daughter's ears and never had any problems.
    bayleesmonga

Answer by bayleesmonga at 8:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I dont think so. I got my daughter's ears pierced when she was 3 months old, I always heard that they couldnt feel it, I hope not anyway.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010