When did you DH/SO feel your baby move for the first time?

What was the first time experience like?

Just wondering because last night my SO felt her move and I couldn't go back to sleep I was so excited!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can't remember exactly when during the pregnancy, but I believe it was all around 6-7 months with all three.
    With our first child he was beyond excited, his face lit up, and you could tell he was like "WHOA!" He didn't say anything just gave me a smile, then laid his head back down on my belly. With our second I was surprised that he had the same reaction. With our third, who I'm currently pregnant with, he was happy and content, but the excitment and amazement wasn't quite as strong. He's gotten used to it I think. Understandably, because we've had three kids in under three years.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The first time was really early on. Hubby was falling asleep with his hand on my belly, and felt her as he was nodding off. He went to sleep with a smile on his face.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I can't remember exactly but it was around 20 weeks
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My hubby got a big corny smile on his face with this one. With our son i think he was so excited to be having a boy that he had his hands o my blly more often than not, but i enjoyed it (only him)
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It is so exciting!! I was about 20 weeks. We were sitting on the couch, and DS was kicking really hard. I thought maybe the kicks were hard enough that DH would be able to feel them. I put his hand over my belly, and he got some flutters, and then a good, swift kick! My hubby's face lit up with the biggest smile ever! It was so sweet, and I will never forget it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010