can anyone share a success story of meeting someone special when either 40 plus, with children, or during a separation?

does it and can it even happen? i know not to focus on it and work, enjoy my kids and live life, but just wonderign if it has happened a lot out there, or just a trickle... like a far away dream lol.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 8:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My dear Mom met the love of her life at the age of 75, he was younger-66. They met at Easter & got married on Valentines Day in Reno! It was great to be around the two of them-they were sooooo in love. When people said "slow down, what's your hurry?", my Mom would joke-"at our age, we got no time to waste!" I am glad they didn't listen to them-they had 4 happy years together before he had a stroke and she died 9 months after him of a broken heart-she missed him so much she did not want to stay here anymore. So it is never too late, my dear, not as long as you are still kickin'!
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 11:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My mom and dad divorced in their early 40's, my mom had one child at home, and met and married my stepdad (I was already an adult) they've been together about 20 years.

Friends of ours in our old town met in their 40's, she was raising a grandchild, and they married and I think are very happy.

I think it happens often. Relax.....I met my husband when I didn't want a man!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well, I'm not 40....but I am 36....and I have three children with Fragile-X and Autism...very high needs...one of my children is extremely severe...I didn't believe I would ever be able to meet someone else that would be worthy....up to that point men were abusive, verbally and emotionally....I left my husband for that reason....4 years ago, I met someone...he took the time to attend my children's therapy sessions, read books, the whole shebang....was hard to believe...which honestly made me suspicious at first....but it's worked out wonderfully....in fact my youngest girl started calling him Daddy about 3 months ago....it's been good ! it can happen !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• wow you guys above just amazing to me....!
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• happens all the time honey, keep your chin up (makes you appear more confident and sexy) and keep on keepin on! it"ll happen when the time is right. I met my hubby when my oldest was 14 months old and my ex and I were discussing a possible future. It does happen. Good luck!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010