Would you share your soup recipes, please?

With cooler weather on the way I would love to have some new soup recipes to try out. Thank you!

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Potato soup= red potatoes in crockpot, milk, 2 cans cheese soup, chopped ham, chicken broth, salt and pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and bay leaves.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• :0) Bear creek 8 cups water and mix. WE LOVE the Cheddar broccoli, and the tortilla. I know it's not *exactly* what you aske but it is THE best. 5 dollars to make a huge pot of soup.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Lentil Soup - This is the recipe I start with. I add some diced mushrooms, shredded zucchini, chopped cauliflower, whatever is around; I use all broth and no water
    2 cups lentils, sorted and rinsed
    4 cups water
    4 cups vegetable broth or water
    1 large onion, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped carrot
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1 (16 oz) can tomatoes and their juice, cup up
    2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
    1 cup uncooked very small whole wheat pasta such as ditalini or elbows (optional)
    parmesan cheese (to serve)
    Place lentils in large soup pot with water, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, pepper, oregano. Cover pan and simmer 1 hour.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• NOTE: make sure that the lentils are completely cooked before adding salt or acid.
    Add tomatoes and their juice, salt and vinegar. Simmer 30 minutes longer, adding 1 cup uncooked very small pasta (such as ditalini or elbows) if desired. I also add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
    Serve with more vinegar and parmesan cheese

Send me a message if you would like more recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I just made a sausage soup the other night, and warmed it up tonight and it was still good.

1 pound of link sausage. (Quality is super important, since this will flavor the soup) Use fresh sausage from the meat counter, and not the processed crap by the hot dogs. I use Italian pork or turkey sausage

6 cups of chicken broth

1 (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

8-10 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 small onion

1-2 tablespoons of itallian seasoning

1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon of carraway seed

1/8 teaspoon of fennel, crushed

1/4 teaspoon of thyme

1 small leek, (use only the white part)

4-5 ribs of celery chopped in 1/4 inch pieces

4 small red potatoes sliced thin

3 large carrots chopped in 1/4 inch pieces

1 handful of fresh spinach roughly chopped

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• brown sausage in skillet sprayed with non-stick spray, and cook throughout. Add the rest of ingredients except leeks and spinich to pot and cook for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender, slice the sausage, add sausage, leeks and spinich, simmer on low for 5 minutes, then serve.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't really have a recipe to add here, but I will tell you one neat little trick I love for soup....any soup that you might like a little dollop of sour cream on the top, try plain yogurt....sooo good !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• ooh, actually I do have one soup recipe to add.....my kids love this one....

boil sweet potatoes until tender....then puree them with the water you cooked them in.....add skim milk (or cream or soy, whatever your pleasure) until it's the consistency you want....then add peanutbutter and puree again....soooo good ! you can use buttercup squash for this too or a combination of buttercup squash and sweet potatoes....

oh, and for potato soup...take your favourite recipe and puree cauliflower into it....for St. Patrick's day, also puree a cup of spinach into it.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Harvest Soup!
    2 tblsps butter
    2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1 potato, peeled and cubed
    2 C cubed butternut squash
    1 C diced carrots
    1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
    1 quart chicken stock
    1/2 C dry white wine (optional)
    1/2 C light cream
    Pinch nutmeg
    salt and pepper
    2 tblsps chopped chives

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in leeks and onions, and cook until the onion turns translucent, about 5 mins. Add potato, squash, carrots, apple, and chicken stock. Boil, then reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 20 mins.
    Puree the soup in batches in a blender, or use a stick blender to puree the soup right in the pot. Once the soup has been pureed, return it to the pot and stir in wine and cream. Season with nutmeg, salt/pepper; simmer gently for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowl
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 9:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• s garnicsh with chopped chives and serve with a warm crusty bread or homemade croutons! Delish! You can get a more detailed version of this recipe from allrecipes.com...
    The nice thing about this soup is that if you have an extra turnip or carrot lying around you can throw that in as well and it really tastes great!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 9:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010