Do you think it is alright for a 28 year old male to date a nineteen year old female?

The female has not dated very much and is still very innocent about a lot of things in life. She works and attends college.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Depends on the individuals. They are both adults and in a few years the gap won't sound near a big.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yep I think that is old enough for her to make the decision to date who she wants to.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It depends on his intentions and both their maturity.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No, they are too young to date that much of an age difference. Later in life age doesn't matter as much, but maturity is a big deal when younger.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• She is legal. so yes it is ok. Will the relationship work out? Probably not.

Answer by louise2 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree maturity is a big deal when you are younger but they are talking about dating not getting married. lol.
    Anonymous

• Sure, I don't see an issue. She's legal, so it he. My in laws were nearly 15 years apart, doesn't mean the relationship couldn't or didn't work.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My sister is twenty, her boyfriend is 47. They like being together. Why should anyone else have a say? As long as he's not abusive...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They're both legal, so it's not wrong in any way. I wouldn't necessarily condone it, especially if it was my child, but a lot would depend on the individuals involved.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You bet!!! I was 19 and hubs was 28 when we met......that was 21 years ago and we are still together!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010