What changes do you personally hope to see with the change of the presidential office?

This is not a question aimed at any particular party and regardless of which candidate you support, I was wondering what changes you personally want to see. What needs reform the in your opinion that would benefit your family the most? I am just interesting in seeing what issues are important to us. This is not the place for political bashing and you can answer without even mentioning which candidate you support. It doesnt matter. Thanks in advance.

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 4:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope that Obama wins and that he ends tax cuts for wealthy corps like oil companies and esp for companies that have shipped jobs to other countries. I also hope he ends the war in Iraq.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I hope we don't lose our right to bear arms as Obama wants.
    Anonymous

• I know my main concern is probley something that dosen't affect most people on here. I'm voting for Obama because of what he says he is goin to do for native american rights. Alot of people have said they're goin to make changes to this but he is the first one I think might actually make a differance. There are some other issues i agree on him with but this is the one that will benefit my family the most.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

This would personally benefit YOUR family? How? Just wanted to ask this because I want people to get off the issues that they think each candidate will do and talk about what matters to YOUR family.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• BabyGsMaMa13....I think thats an excellent answer. I know the native americans are sometimes skipped over a lot. Several years ago, our church did what we called a "native american summit" where we celebrated their heritage. My dad was a local pastor in the area that was part of the original Trail of Tears. He publicly repented to the tribe leaders for the white mans role in what happened. It was a great ceremony and really built a relationship with the elder native americans. I am not an Obama supporter, but I truly hope this happens for your family.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I expect that the stock investors will get back into the game once they know whether they need to hide their profits from higher tax rates, etc. ... Depending on whether McCain or Obama wins, the terrorist organizations around the world will move back into higher gear and will get back to receiving a flow of money from wealthy people / governments which want to cause upsets. (Sometimes they are looking to move into power by destabilizing a country, sometimes they can get $$profit from dealing with corrupt officials in the chaos, or selling weapons, etc. during the fighting.) They will expect a different reaction from the U.S. depending on the upcoming president AND Congress, so they would feel freer to go ahead or not. ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Oh ... sorry ... these would benefit my family because when the banks calm down and start giving loans again, then we might find a buyer for our previous house. ... And if terrorist attacks increase, the media will be ENDLESSLY annoying pointing their fingers at US officials instead of blaming the REAL culprits: the bombers. If terrorist attacks decrease, then my son & his wife & new baby daughter will have a more stable life, since he is a 2nd lieutenant in the Marine Corps. ... As to taxing corporations that have taken their jobs overseas, I hope they DO get their taxes decreased so they can employ people here and not lose money - after all it IS a LOT harder to handle your business in different parts of the globe. They don't do that because they LIKE it !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Obama to end large tax cut for rich pockets, that take jobs overseas. Put money in bus. and pocket in the US. End war in Iraq, bring soldiers and the money back home where it belongs. If Bush and McCain want Iraq war let them fight it on their own.
    Anonymous

• I would love to see business owners rewarded for creating more jobs, people are pulling money out of the stock market left and right because they are afraid of the hike in the capital gains tax...so I hope we lower that instead..people shouldn't be taxed on money that they are willing to risk which also helps to boost our economy, I want to see the war FINISHED not exited pre maturely....I want to see less fed and govy in my pockets and in my life...and I want to see a dang wall BUILT finally...the majority of this wont honestly effect me too much personally but it will do this Nation a whole heap of good. There are more things of course but my fingers are tired...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I am a quarter native american and I sure don't want Obama helping me take more of my tax dollars. Go McCain!
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2008