how to get that dramatic eyebrow arch?

my brows have always been straight. I recently thinned them out to get away from my eyes and that was quite a nice difference! But I still lack that arch. Because they are thinner, I'd probably end up with pencil thin eyebrows if I did anymore to them lol. Someone shared a good exercise with me to keep them away from the eyes and I was also advised to "train" the hairs to grow in an arch shape by brushing them. I cant afford a professional to do it for me, so got any good at-home tips? Or is the advice I mentioned the best to follow for now?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i think u should let them grow out for a couple of weeks, then make the shape u want with the arch and use a pencil or whatever to color it in. if they are too skinny, its just going to look weird.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes I agree! that was what I was thinking. I am very happy with how they look now, but it definately looks like if I want a good arch, to let the top grow (I just trimmed the bottom) out!!! thanks a bunch!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If they are thin already, then you need to let them grow out and get an eye-brow wax. It is $15-20 at most salons. If you really can't afford it, then take an eye-brow pencil and draw on the shape that you want, and pluck the hairs that fall under the arch.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Haha, good advice brittany
    twin_mommy

• sally beauty shop sales stencils and there about $6 (about 6 sets) and the pencil is about $4 with the brush on the end...thats what i get and they come out great...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• oh thank you twin mommy! that's not expensive at all! I didnt know the average price in the first place. thanks!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i think you should grow them out so that you can get them threaded and they will be able to start from scratch. They can shape them to how you want them and you can always get them tinted if you want.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 12:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i agree to start fresh... let them grow out, start training them, then trim and thin.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010