should i give my babies a bath tonight with bad colds

they sre on day 1 of a yukkie headcold , weve been in all day , should i skip baths , theyre 4 months and 16 months

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 9:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've had good luck with the bath product made for babies with colds... Johnson and Johnsons. Chances are, if you got a gift basket during your shower, you've got a bottle of it somewhere...if not,it's worth a run out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• aww yucky colds! I hope they feel better. I know for my son, baths always helped a little bit. The steam from the warm water helped clear the nasal paths especially with a good aromatherapeutic bathgel (and there are some out there safe for babies!)! The bath could also help relax your babies so they can sleep better!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• the bath might help. Use that vapor bath stuff. It worked wonders on my guy. Something else you might want to try, they're called SudaCare Shower Soothers. You put them under the hot water spray in the shower and they make all the good congestion smells. If it were me, I would toss one of those in the shower and just bring the kiddos in the bathroom for a while.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• right of course , thanks ladies
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes! steamy baths always helped my little once. I always used Johnson and Johnsons vapor bath when mine were sick and it cleared them up for a few hours.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think you might be asking if it is necessary for the babys to have a bath. No it is not. It might make them feel better with the vapor bath. Just washing them up with a warm washcloth feels nice to them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• my doctor told me that it's actually better to bathe them every other day because it dries out their skin to bathe them every night. It is fine! I just wash them up good on nights they don't get baths.
    momoftwins0987

Answer by momoftwins0987 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010