co-sleeping

yes or no

HTMommy

Asked by HTMommy at 9:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've been co-sleeping with my now 7 month old since the day he was born =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes! We did it with both of our older children and will do it with this new one when she gets here too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We did not do it. Just not our thing. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• not if we can help it :) I never sleep well with a baby, toddler or anyone else in my bed. I will tolerate my husband, as long as it is a king-sized bed. I like my space, and sleeping diagonal across the bed :)

A bassinet next to the bed or a co-sleeper is a good choice if you want the benefits of co-sleeping without the risks of rolling on the baby and still having your space.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes and No, whatever works for you and baby. For me and my babies, yes.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes with all 8.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Absolutely not! Not even when I was extremely tired and it would have been easy. Being a good mommy means often doing things that aren't always easy. I have seen so many reports about accidental deaths from suffocation and it makes since. You are getting up every 2-3 hours and are exhausted physically and emotionally and by the time you lay your little one down, your body shuts down in weird ways. Even the self-proclaimed light sleepers can drop off and not realize what they're doing after days and weeks of sleep deprivation. I keep a bassinette and then a pack and play RIGHT beside the bed. You get the same advantage of having baby right there when they wake up and the ease of laying them down and going right back to sleep without the worry of something awful happening. NOT worth the risk!!!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• we dont do it regularly but i LOVE sleeping with my baby...we dont co-sleep simply because i like my 'me time' at night after she is in her room and asleep in her crib....but we take naps together in my bed or sleep a few hours longer early in the morning together...shes 14 weeks and at 8 weeks i switched her from a bassinet beside my bed to her crib in her room and things got much easier and we both slept much better and longer...but it is a wonderful feeling sleeping with her wrapped in my arms : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i think its fine, not for everyone but I don't buy the all the hype about how dangerous it is... unless you're going to bed drunk or high then I don't see how you could roll on your baby
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes. With my first for almost a year, then moved him to is bed. With my second, he just slept better on his own, so he was in his crib full time by 3 months. I'm going to with this next one due in a few months. I do keep a bassinet by the bed and they usually start off in it, just because I do a few things after they're asleep before I go to bed, but after they wake up during the night to eat, they were in bed with me.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010