My daughter had a date with a guy who said he is 25, when she came home after the date she then told me he was 28, should I be worried, and you know I don't really care about them being of legal age, she lives with me and I have to endure her emotional well being.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would not be as worried about his age as I would about him being a liar.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yeah,next he'll be 32 or something!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Hmmmm, well either someone is lying or someone misheard his age the first time (either you or your daughter) I used to lie to my parents about my boyfriends' ages frequently, especially if they were more than a couple years older. Perhaps she thinks that you will disapprove, and doesn't want the judgment.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS OVER 18 AND HE IS OVER 18 WHEN REALLY U CANT DO ANY THANG ABOUT IT BUT ITS UP TO YOUR DAUGHTER TO DATE HIM ! NOTHER WORD IM SAYING DONT WORRY AND STAY OUT OF IT UNLESS SHE ASK U TO HELP ! SORRY IF I SOUND LIKE A B---H !
    ELMOANN

Answer by ELMOANN at 9:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• wow if your letting your underage daughter go with an older man you're insane. plus he is already starting the relationship lieing,
    CullenLover

Answer by CullenLover at 9:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• if she is an adult (18 or older) than no, not worried, but the lying is concerning regardless. She lives with you, it's your business. Its your house. if she's underage, you can get in trouble if something happens for the fact that its child endangerment if something happens. why risk it....and if she isn't old enough, whats that say about the guy that he likes them young? uhm...ew
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't know how old your daughter is, my son is 18, and a girl who is 23 is pursuing him. I don't like it, she is of legal drinking age and he isn't. I also kind of wonder about the maturity of a 23 year old girl who is interested in an 18 year old boy.

I do agree that when they live at home, they have to follow your rules.....they're not really adults until they are paying their own bills, and taking care of their own responsibilities.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• To the ladies saying it's wrong if she's underage, POST says Adult Children 18+, pay attention before freaking out! Mom, I know both sides of what you are talking about, I was 19 dating a 27 y/o, now I'm 25 and have a whole new life of my own,First depending on how much over 18 she is the situation may be different, myself personally at first it's the "cool" thing "I'm dating an older guy, that means he has to be mature!"As most now know they aren't ever mature (males that is).That just maybe her mind set on the things. As to the whole possible lying issue, again may have been a mix up so, no harm done if it's just a miss communication, OR he was flat out lying which is a PROBLEM either way may never know.Just hold on for the ride and be there for her, most of these relationships don't last long. One of them usually decides the other is too immature and moves on. Most lessons learned the hard way,part of life sometimes.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• when i first met my bf i was 20 and he told me he was 34 i was ok with that then after a year i find out was 44 at the time!!!!! i already was with him for a year and i got over it we r still together but now it bothers me im now 27 and he's 51 and we have a child together if i were her i would ask to c his id!!!
    MichelleBabyBoy

Answer by MichelleBabyBoy at 10:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When my daughter was in high school she could only date boys in high school, now that she is in collage, I encourage her to date guys in collage or at least collage age. I say encourage because it is hard when they are over 18 to make them do anything.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2010