I have no idea what to do with him, please help.

I have to idea what to do. My husband and I are going to lunch tomorrow to decide how to split everything up, I really don't want to do this and all I want is to get counseling and heal from our issues. any ideas on how to win him back by lunch tomorrow???

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• The only thing you can really do is just tell him what you told us. Ask him if he would consider counseling. Tell him that you don't want to throw away your marriage if it can be saved. If he is dead set on this, then there is nothing you can do except to accept it and move on to the healing process. Surround yourself with friends and family to help you in this difficult time in your life.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Do not discuss dividing things up. Tell him you are not at that point. This will just be something more to argue about. Tell him that you are not going to do that. Your marriage is not over to you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would tell him that you would like counseling, but as JeremysMom said, there isn't really anything you can do. If he wants a divorce, he doesn't need your permission. Refusing to divide things up won't help, trying to work things out reasonably is the best thing you can do for your kids.....and yourself. JeremysMom is right, get your support system in place to help you get through this very difficult time, but you will be okay.

Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Since we don't know the original problem I don't see how we can help you figure out strategy to win him back. However, I would ask him not to rush anything but take time before making such an extreme decision that will affect the whole family.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Give him the best ride of his life tonight!
    staceysgorbach

Answer by staceysgorbach at 10:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• hahaha i like that staceysgorbach if only he was still living here, hes been gone for a week.
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• LMAO! I thought i would make a joke to make it light hearted. But seriously, i really don't know what you can do to win him back. I hope it works out for you in whatever you decide.
    staceysgorbach

Answer by staceysgorbach at 10:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• call him and have phone sex, maybe he'll come home for the real deal....idk...good luck!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• its only gonna work if both of you want it to work. If you are the only one who wants it to work, its not gonna happen.
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Asking him to go to counseling is the best idea. My husband had filed for divorce., when ever we would try and talk it became an argument. So I said the only way I would talk was with a counselor! It took time but it worked.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2010