What are good areas to live in Texas?

Looking to move to Texas. What are the best areas to look for jobs and what areas have good school systems? Also how is weather down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I leave here and I LOVE IT!!! I moved from Utah Im in Flower Mound and the schools are AWESOME there are great jobs everywhere down here and the weather is soooooo great
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and so happy we're here.. We're not far from Flower Mound (which is very nice) in a city called Bedford aka part of the "Mid-cities". The job market here seems to be doing well.. and there are MANY cities around DFW that have great schools. What do you or your SO do for a living? My husband is a programmer/developer so he's found a lot of work in this area. (always a plus) Summer is really, really hot. My husband is from Ohio and still hasn't adjusted. It's lovely right now though - 70 to 80 degree days, mornings starting in the 50s and it warms up through the day. We don't really get snow here, just a dusting that doesn't usually stick once a year. Feel free to message me if you want to know about an area :) I will help if I can.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It is hot in Texas, but very affordable. We flew to Dallas in July and drove across to Abilene, Andrews, and a little south to Blooming Grove. There are lots of new developments near Dallas, San Antonio is nice too, I have another friend in Austin, Georgetown and Brownsville, they all love it there and have gorgeous homes.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 10:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Austin is beautiful, and it is a fun, hip town!
    Sandra124

Answer by Sandra124 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008