i want to be 100% all natural

well i want to be all natural but my husband says it cost to much to be organic and my sis says its a wast of time i know a little about being Green and organic but want to learn more much much more please help me please it one of my main goals i love mother earth and i want to treat her the right way

HippieHolly

Asked by HippieHolly at 9:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we are all natural and organic. Yes it can cost more but it doesn't have to. There are a lot of groups on here for natural and organic. granted not all of them are active. . . but if you like you can friend me and I would be happy to help and talk to you. GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 10:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• start small. switch out most of your cleaning products for baking soda and vinegar.
    look up the dirty dozen, and start off by buying those items organic.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Certain things actualy cost a LOT less. You can clean your entire house with nothing but water, white vinegar and baking soda. Making a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar in a spray bottle is a perfect all natural all purpose cleaner and it costs about 25-50 cents a bottle.

I make homemade laundry detergent. About $10 in supplies will make you a year and a half to two years worth of homemade, chemical free laundry detergent. Vinegar can be added to the rinse cycle as a natural fabric softener.

If you have a back yard you can start a garden next year, and if you get books like: Small space High Yield Gardening you can maximize the space and make all the veggies you and yur family can eat for the entire year....canning, preserving, freezing what you can.

Organic beef and poultry is becoming available and affordable in stores like Wegmans and Wal-Mart, but you can look for local farmers and buy in bulk.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Look for magazines at your library, back issues on ebay or go to the bookstore: Mother Earth News, Grit, Mary Janes Farm, Organic Gardening are ALL wonderful. You can find websites for them too and gain free access to their articles.

If you can't find local farmers for veggies or meats you can get organic in a lot of stores, but look up the copany before buying. For example, Horizon is a popular brand of organic milk but they have failed a lot of organic testing and in most cases are on lists as being a "Fake organic"

You can also make homemade soap (or find TONS of websites or ebay sellers who make them) and even make lotions, shampoo, liquid hand soap, etc et. I have an old dial foam soap dispenser. I put a small squirt of liquid castile soap (i use Dr Bronners brand) in it and fill the rest of water and for pennies thats foaming hand soap.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I recently did the same thing. My advice - start small and keep it manageable. Not everything has to be organic to be natural. I blogged about my transition last year - most of it is here - http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/9501/Green_Home_Experiment_Week_9

Write to me directly if you have any questions!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010