How do you make coconut butter?

I was surfing my channels and there was this chef, I can't remember his name, but he shares his grilling recipes.
I love corn on the cob on the grill. We leave the husk on the cob, soak in water for awhile, throw on grill, close the lid, turn every 10-15 minutes and that's it.
Here is how he does it...
He opens the husk. Instead of ripping them off he folds them back and ties them with a piece of husk around the end. He then lays a strip of aluminum foil on the grill the lays the corn on the grill w/ the husk end on the foil and rubs the coconut butter on the corn. Pretty simple just more flavor than how we do it. We just rub butter on ours as we eat them and sometimes a little pepper.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 10:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Coconut butter is really easy to make home made.

http://ohsheglows.com/2010/06/22/homemade-coconut-butter/

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I found this link on ask.com:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6160017_make-coconut-butter.html?ref=Track2&utm_source=ask

Good luck; it sounds good!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 10:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Is it Bobby Flay? I could see him using Coconut Butter... I have never made it but I know the process involved taking the dried husk( I think?) of the coconut and Steaming it for a while. Then you press the steamed husks to extract the oil. Then it has to be filtered. I am sure there is a multi purpose press you could get, to extract oil from more than just coconuts, if you were really interested in doing this... Good luck!! :)
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 10:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I believe it was Bobby Flay. It sounds familiar. I normally don't watch cooking shows but when I seen the corn on the cob I had to watch.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• TKS isabella. I'll check it out.
    horsesteelers